Canon Printer not responding is a common scenario where your printer will not respond to the printing tasks you assign to it. The situation is frustrating and you can’t resume your work on the Canon printer till you fix this issue.
Keeping that in mind, here in this article, we have provided some easy methods to troubleshoot this particular error. And, after following them, hopefully, you’ll be able to fix this issue in no time.
Ways to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
Mentioned below are some easy and quick fixes which you can follow and implement to resolve a non-responsive Canon printer. So, follow them and apply the fixes exactly as given and you’ll hopefully be able to resolve this issue by yourself.
Method 1: Some Basic Troubleshooting
Often it happens that your printer is not connected properly. Therefore, at first, check the connection of your printer.
If Using a USB Cable
- First, check whether the cable is properly connected or not. If not then just reconnect it and make sure that they are seated properly into the ports on your computer and printer.
- Using a hub, connect your printer directly to your computer.
- Now, try to connect the cable to another USB port on your computer. Check whether it works.
- You will also have to test and experiment with another cable and see whether there is any problem with that or not.
If Using a Printer Network
- You have to check both your network connection and your network devices like the router, modem, etc.
- Now check the network connection status of your printer. See whether it is properly connected to the network or not.
- If your printer is using a wired connection, then replace your network cable or reconnect it.
- You should try to connect your printer to your home or work network if it is a wireless one.
If Connecting the Printer via Bluetooth
- Check whether the printer is close to your computer or not.
- Continue re-pairing the printer to the computer and check if it fixes the problem or not.
Method 2: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
The inbuilt troubleshooter is instrumental in fixing the aforesaid error code. Now, follow the steps given below to run the troubleshooter.
- First press the Windows logo Key. Next type troubleshoot. Click on to the option troubleshoot or troubleshooting from the results.
- Now open Troubleshoot.
- For those who are using Windows 10, press Printer and then Run the Troubleshooter.
- For those who are using Windows 7, click the option Use the Printer.
- Complete the troubleshooting as guided on-screen.
Method 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
The print spooler service is actually for the purpose of managing all the print jobs and various kinds of communication between your printer and computer. If this particular service is not working properly, then your Canon printer might not respond properly.
Therefore reset it to fix your problem. Here are the ways to do it.
- Click the Windows Logo Key and R on your keyboard at the same time so that the Run box is invoked.
- Next, type services.msc. Then click Enter on your keyboard. This will lead to the opening of the Service Window.
- Select and click Print Spooler, then Restart.
- Now check whether your printer is working or not.
Method 4: Configuration of the Correct Printer Port
If you are using a wrong printer port for your printer, then your Canon printer might not respond. Therefore change the settings of the printer port.
- Press the Windows Logo Key and R on your keyboard at the same time. This will actually help in invoking the Run Box.
- Then type control. Next, press Enter.
- Now, you have to select Large icons under the option View by.
- Then choose and click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the Canon printer and then click Printer properties.
- Then click Change properties.
- Now click on to the Port tab then check the following
It contains the name of your printer.
In the description, it has USB or DOT4 if the printer is connected to the USB.
In the description, it has WSD, network, or IP if you are already using a network printer.
- After checking these, click Apply.
- Now, the general tab has to be clicked. Next, click the Print Test Page so as to check whether you made the right change or not.
Now you are equipped with the methods to deal with the error of Canon printer not responding. Share with us in the comment section how these methods were a help to you or which method you used. You can also share with us other possible methods to deal with the aforesaid error.