There is a wide range of products that Dell offers to users. In the printer category, Dell is also popular and it provides a tough competition to others.
But many of the users are not able to print properly when they get the Dell printer not activated error code 30. According to the experts, this error message can pop up if you have not properly activated the Dell printer.
However, there can be many other reasons behind this error code. If you are one of the users who are currently facing this error code, then we have effective solutions for this.
Why is your Dell Printer Still not Activated?
Now, you can follow this section, to know the causes that lead to this issue.
- If you have recently moved to Windows 10 from an earlier version, then it can be responsible for that issue.
- Not providing full control to your Windows account is also a reason for the issue.
- Any hardware issue with the Dell printer can be a reason.
- The outdated printer driver can even lead to this problem.
- Failed Windows updates can be another reason behind this.
- If you haven’t set your printer as the default one, then it may be the root cause.
As of now, you know the reasons for the problem. Let’s proceed to the solution section.
Fix Dell Printer not Activated Error Code 30 with Technical Hacks
Go through this section to get the best hacks for resolving the issue. Here, you can perform all the methods so that the best resolution can be achieved. So, the hacks to follow are as follows:
Hack 1: Give your Windows Account the Full Administrative Control
If you haven’t given your account the Full Control to run security programs, then it can cause the activation error. Giving Full Control will allow the program to run with administrative privileges. Go with the following steps:
- If you have a shortcut of the security program on your desktop, then right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Properties option. If not, then go to your program location and perform the same steps.
- As the window opens, select the Security tab and click on your account.
- Now, choose the Edit button and again select your account.
- Then, tick the box beside the Full Control option and then click on the OK button.
Go back to see if the printer problem is still there or not. If the error is there, then perform the next fix.
Hack 2: Manually Set your Dell Printer as the Default One
In some cases, the printer can show the error, if you haven’t set it as default. Hence, to set your printer as a default printing device, you can follow up the steps here.
- First of all, open the Settings app and then proceed to the Devices section.
- From the right pane, select the Printers & Scanners tab.
- Now, find and select your printer and then click on the Manage button.
- In the next step, click on the Set as Default button.
After doing this, your printer will be set as default. Thus, this will resolve the error code. Still, if you face the same problem, then avail the other resolution.
Hack 3: Perform the Printer Hardware Troubleshooting Process
Windows has a number of troubleshooters that can fix many bugs, present in the system. So, you can use this tool to fix any hardware related issue of the printer. In order to run the tool, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu and then choose the Update & Security section.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot option from the left pane and then click on the Printer option.
- As the section expands, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
As the process finishes off, check for the error code message. If it is still there, then you need to get another fix to resolve the problem.
Hack 4: Update the Dell Printer Driver
Updating the printer driver is also another method that can fix the problem. Now, to complete the procedure, avail the steps below:
- Open the Run box and then type “devmgmt.msc” inside it. Now hit the Enter key to let the Device Manager window to open.
- Now, search and right-click on the printer driver. After that, click on the Update Driver Software option.
- In the next step, click on the Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Allow the process to finish and then reboot your printer.
As the printer restarts, perform a test printout to check if the problem prevails or not.
Hack 5: Use the Windows System Update Feature
If you have recently installed Windows 10 on your device, then it can lead to this issue. Microsoft releases updates to fix bugs and issues prevailing on the Windows OS.
- Open the Settings window as you did earlier. You can use the Windows logo key and I key together to do so.
- Inside the window, go to the Update & Security section.
- Now, click on the Check for Updates button in the new window.
- If there are available updates, it will automatically get installed on the system.
Finally, restart both the system and the printer to apply the updates. Then, try to see if the error code is still there or not.
Hack 6: Reset the Dell Printer
If none of the above hacks prove to be fruitful, then you can reset the printer for the last resort. So, to know the steps of the procedure, you can move to the following section.
- Turn off the printer and then let it cool down.
- You can also remove all the connections of the printer.
- Wait for about 1 or 2 minutes and then plug in the power cord to the wall socket.
- Immediately after that, press the power button and let the printer turn on.
- In the next step, connect the USB cable of the printer to the system.
- As the printer sets up, you can take a test print of the report.
So, this is how you can reset the printer to get the error code fixed.
We expect that by now, you have been successful in resolving the printer problem easily. For the best resolution, you can perform all the given hacks of this article. Moreover, try to follow the steps with full attention so that no mistake can appear.