When you are trying to print any documents on your Epson printer, you may encounter the error code 0x69 on the screen. Epson error code 0x69 is one of the most common errors you can face. Once this error code appears, you will be unable to work with your printer further.
The main reason behind this error is misconfigured system files of the Windows Operating System. Sometimes, this error code appears if the cartridge is not installed correctly.
Apart from that, corrupted or missing files of the Epson printer and dismissing the registration of the Epson printer can also cause this error.
If you are one of those who are facing the same error code, then this guide will help you. Here, in this article, we are going to explain five effective solutions that can help you solve this particular error on the Epson printer.
Five Amazing Solutions to Eliminate Epson Error Code 0x69
Mentioned below, are five amazing solutions to get rid of the error code 0x69 from the Epson printer. Try to follow these solutions one-by-one and perform the steps exactly as stated below.
Solution 1 – Reset the Epson Printer
This is one of the most reliable solutions that you should try to solve this error code on the system. And, that is to reset the Epson printer. To do that, follow the directions hereunder.
- At first, turn off the Epson printer and unplug all the cables.
- Wait for about 20 minutes to settle down and then click and hold the Power key.
- Now, plug all the cables to the Epson printer and restart it. Now, check if the Epson printer works correctly without causing any error.
Solution 2 – Update the Epson Printer Driver
The Epson printer error code 0x69 can be caused by an outdated version of the printer driver. So, it is necessary to keep the printer driver up to date. If you do not know how to update the printer driver, follow the directions hereunder.
- First, go to the Device Manager window.
- From the Device Manager window, locate and select the Devices on the left panel to expand it. After that, right-click on the Epson printer driver to open the list and choose the Update Software Driver button.
- Now, you’ll see the update process has begun. Once the process is complete, restart the device and Epson printer and then try to print.
Solution 3 – Check Cartridges & Printer Doors
If the printer cartridges are not installed correctly, you may fail to print and receive the Epson error code 0x69 on the screen. So, you should install the cartridge properly. Let’s take a look into some actions that you can follow.
- First of all, open the Epson printer door and enter the cartridges.
- Next, one by one take out the cartridges and check if the print head is inserted accurately or not.
- If not, then remove the print head and install it correctly.
- After that, one by one insert the printer cartridges to the printer. Make sure they are installed correctly.
- Shut down the printer door and restart it. After following these steps, try to generate a print using the Epson printer and check to see whether the error gets fixed or not.
Solution 4 – Uninstall Epson Printer Driver and Install it Again
If the Epson printer driver is corrupted or damaged, then you can come across this error code 0x69 on the device. So, you should remove the Epson printer driver and install it again.
To reinstall it, follow these steps carefully:
- Open the Device Manager window.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the Devices section and locate the Epson printer driver, right-click on it. After that, choose the Uninstall button to start the removal process.
- After completing the removal process, you should install the driver again.
So, visit the official website of Epson printer and search for the latest version of the driver. After finding it, download and then install it correctly.
Once the installation process is finished, restart the Epson printer as well as the system and then check if the error code still occurs or not.
Solution 5 – Update the Operating System
If the Operating System does not match with the printer driver, then you can find the Epson error code 0x69 on the device. So, you should update the system. Go through these steps:
- Open the Search box, type Windows Update and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Windows Update window opens, click on the Check for updates button to find whether any updates are available or not.
- If yes, then you will get the Update option, click on it to start the update process.
- It will take some time to finish this process. Once it is done, the system will automatically restart.
- After restarting your computer, open the Search box, type System Restore and then press the Enter button.
From the System Restore window, click on the Restore my computer for an earlier time icon and then select the Next button.
In the next window, select the Restore section to finish the process.
Once you are done with these steps, reboot your PC and then try to print on the Epson printer.
Hopefully, these solutions will work for you in resolving the Epson error code 0x69 on the device. You can perform these convenient and easy fixes for fixing this error.
If you face any difficulties while performing these steps then do not panic. You can take help from an expert who will help you eliminate this error.