Epson is a globally renowned brand, which is known for manufacturing highly efficient printers loaded with outstanding features. Printers of this brand are trusted for its advanced applications and high-quality services.
Sadly, no machine is entirely error-free and Epson printers are no exception to it. They are bound to run into troubles at some point in time or another. One of the most common problems that people face while using Epson printers is the error 0x97.
This issue is frequently seen in models like WF-3640, WF-4630 and WF-7610. So, if you want to get rid of Epson error code 0x97, you can refer to the solutions discussed in this article.
What Is Epson Error Code 0x97?
Error code 0x97 is a common issue that appears in certain Epson printer models. This problem arises when there is some issue with the internal hardware of the printer. The printer unexpectedly stops in the middle of functioning while the LED screen displays the error code.
This issue is seen when the printers have been in use over a long time. This error code can strike at any time and it comes without any prior signs.
Reason Why Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 Occur
According to printer experts, Epson error code 0x97 happens due to some technical problems in the internal hardware of the device. It can also happen because of motherboard failure or malfunctioning of some printer’s components.
When this error code hits, it stalls all the functions of the printer hence, rendering it useless. Hence, it is recommended to apply proper fixes to troubleshoot this printer error.
How To Resolve Epson Error Code 0x97?
This issue can be handled in six different ways. Here, we have discussed all the methods to deal with Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97. They are stated in the details below:
1. Plugging and Unplugging
Follow these instructions if you have opted for this method:
- Disconnect the USB drivers and detach all connection cables.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Even though the printer is off, drain down the remaining power from the printer.
- Reinstall the cartridges and reconnect all the cable connectors and the USB drivers.
- Power on the printer after you have completed putting everything back to its place.
See whether you are still getting this message about Epson printer error code 0x97.
2. Plug and Unplug in Advanced Mode
In case, you are unable to troubleshoot the issue with the first method, try out the second solution.
To apply this fix, switch off the printer and unplug it from the supply unit.
Remove away all the cables and connectors attached to the printer.
Allow the printer to cool down for a few minutes. Now, push the Power button and keep it on hold.
Do not release the button yet. Hold it for at least a minute and then reconnect the power cord. Keep pressing it while you complete this action. After you have done it, keep holding the power button for an additional minute.
Now, release the power button and check if the same error message is appearing on the screen.
3. Clean Clogged Nozzle of the Printer
Some users have this opinion that cleaning the head nozzles of the printer can be an effective solution to resolve error 0x97 message. Here, we will guide you through the process of cleaning the nozzle without damaging the internal hardware of the printer.
- First, Turn off the printer and detach it from cable connectors and USB peripherals.
- Open the casing of the printer. Then, use a paper towel and fold it up in such a way that it fits below the printer head.
- Now, wet the paper towel with the help of cleaning fluid, preferably one that contains ammonia in it. Also, place the wet towel down the middle of the track where the printer head moves.
- Position the printer head in such a way that it is placed just under the soaked towel. Allow it to rest in that position for 12 hours and check the status of the error code.
4. Microsoft Printer’s Troubleshooter
Microsoft has developed a free troubleshooting tool for printers. You can use this application to find out whether it can provide some solution regarding error 0x97.
5. Epson’s Firmware and Drivers page
Another method that can fix this issue is to take assistance from Epson’s Firmware and Drivers page. This page can help you to update the firmware of your printer. After you have downloaded this, run it and click through all of the default settings. The firmware of your printer will be updated automatically.
6.Using Fix Patch
This method of fixing the error issue involves taking help from the Epson support team. At first, you have to visit the official website of Epson and download 0x97 Fix Patch. Then, click on the ‘Scan’ button to detect and fix the issue.
Since the error 0x97 is a common glitch that occurs in certain models of Epson printers. Hence we hope that these solutions would help you to resolve it.
In case, none of the solutions discussed above works for you, we recommend to take professional help. You can contact Epson to provide you with technical assistance. If your product is under warranty period, you can ask them to replace your faulty printer with a new one.