Epson printers are well renowned all over the world for their high-quality printing, cutting-edge features, impressive design, and durability. Epson manufactures offer various kinds of printers including laser, ink-jet, LED, multi-functional and line printers.
No matter how advanced the technology to build these printers is, it is bound to face technical issues. Recently, users have complained that their Epson printers stopped printing in the middle of work. It can be a very frustrating experience if your printer stops printing all of a sudden.
So, if you are observing that your Epson printer won’t print even if it’s connected to the electrical outlet, keep reading this article.
Reasons Why The Epson Printer Won’t Print
This is a common error with some models of Epson printers. There are various factors, which can be forcing your Epson printer to stop printing. Some of the probable causes due to which Epson printer won’t print can be :
- If the cartridge of your printer does not have enough ink in it, it might be a potential reason why the device is not printing.
- You might have forgotten to remove the yellow tape from the new cartridge that you have installed recently. This happens very often by mistake.
- The printer nozzle and the printer head might have been clogged, either due to the accumulation of dust or for some other reason.
- The paper size, print layout, orientation and other options in the printer software are not put correctly.
- Sometimes, your printer might refuse to print a document if you are using papers that don’t meet the specifications of the machine. Every printer is compatible with certain types of paper. So, if you are using a paper that your Epson printer is not compatible with, it won’t print.
- Your printer driver software is outdated and needs an immediate update.
What You Can Do When Epson Printer Won’t Print From Computer?
The first step for solving a technical issue with any printing device is to find out what exactly is causing the problem. Once you have figured it out, it becomes very easy to solve the issue. Since various reasons can cause an Epson printer to stop printing, we will provide several solutions. You can try each one of them to see which one can fix your printer issue.
1. Check Printer Connection
Your Epson printer won’t print if there is some connection issue with the device. Hence, you need to check the connection first.
If you are using a USB cable to connect your printer with your computer or laptop, make sure that the cable is connected properly. So, detach and reconnect the cable to fix loose connections. You can also use a new USB cable to check if there is some problem with your cable or power cord.
In case, you are using a network printer, check the network connection status on your printer. If it is not connected, you need to replace or reconnect the network cable. However, if you are using a wireless printer, try reconnecting it with the home network.
Now, if your Epson printer is connected via Bluetooth, make sure that the printer is placed close to the laptop or the computer. Also, try re-pairing your wireless Epson printer with your computer or laptop.
2. Set Your Epson Device as the Default Printer
Setting your printing machine as the default printer can be a possible solution for your problem. You can do this by following these instructions:
- Press the Windows logo key and R tab at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type ‘control’ and press Enter. Under ‘View by’ section, select ‘Large icons’
- Choose the tab of ‘Devices and printers’ and right-click on your printer. Then hit the ‘Set as Default Printer’ option.
3. Check the Printer Spooler Service
Printer Spooler service has the responsibility of managing the printing function and the communication between your printer and computer. If this service is turned off, it might affect your printing. You have to check this service to ensure your printer functions well. To check the Printer Spooler service, you can follow these steps:
After launching the Run dialog box, write ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
The Services window will open after this. So, double-click on the option of ‘Printer Spooler’.
Ensure that the Startup type is set to ‘Automatic’ and the service status is ‘Running’.
In case, the Startup type is not set to automatic, change it and click on the ‘Start’ button.
Finally, click OK and check whether the printer is printing.
4. Clear Away all Previous Print Jobs
If the print queue of your Epson printer gets stuck, it might prevent it from executing the printing function. So, you have to clear away the print queues of your printer from time to time. You can clear the pending print jobs by following these steps:
- Click the Windows logo key along with R on the keyboard as mentioned in the solution 2.
- Follow the steps in method 3 and wait for the Services window to open.
- Now, double click on Printer Spooler. Click on Stop and then press OK.
- Open File Explorer and click the Windows logo and E button together.
- Copy and paste the following on the address bar and click Enter. This will take you where all the print queues are stored-
- Delete all the existing files in the folder. Also, bring back the Services window and
double-click on Printer Spooler.
- Click the Start button followed by the OK tab.
- Now, close all the windows and turn off the computer.
- Power off the printer and keep it idle for at least one minute.
- Finally, power on both the computer and the printer. Check if the problem still
Persists and try the next method if the Epson printer won’t print.
5. Check the Hardware Status of the Computer
If all the above-mentioned solutions fail to resolve your problem, you need to check the hardware status of your printer. Here’s how you can check it:
- Check if you have run out of ink in the cartridges. If your printer has low ink, replace the exhausted cartridge with a new one.
- In case, you have recently replaced a part of your Epson printer, try putting back the original part and check whether the problem exists.
- Make sure you are using papers for printing that are compatible with the Epson printer.
- Check if your Epson printer displays an additional error message on its LCD screen.
We hope that the solutions that we have provided here will help you to fix the printing issue with your Epson printer. In case, the problem persists, we will advise you to approach a professional technician.