The Canon network printer not detected problem is quite common and appears frequently on all printers from this brand. It mostly occurs when users are trying to print any document from their Canon printer. But, the printer is unable to proceed with the printing task properly due to certain workability issues.
If you are currently going through the same Canon printer error, there is nothing to get worried about. As there are several users who are also struggling with the same issue.
Here, in this article, we are going to share information regarding this specific error in your Canon printer along with all the best possible fixes. Hence, check out the entire post and try to resolve the error as soon as possible.
Why Canon Network Printer Not Detected Error Arises?
The Canon network printer not detected error can appear due to various reasons. But, the most obvious factors responsible for the error are as follows.
- The Canon printer driver might be configured with the wrong port. As a result, such kind of error can appear.
- Using backdated or corrupted printer drivers can be responsible for the issue.
- You can face this error if the printer is not properly connected to the router.
- A third-party security program or Windows Firewall can influence this error to occur.
- Also, poor network connectivity can trigger this error to take place.
- During the initial setup, the incorrect access might lead to the Canon printer not detected error.
These are the most common instances when you can face this error. Now, it’s time to go to the troubleshooting section to resolve the Canon printer at the earliest.
What to Do If Canon Network Printer Not Detected?
Here, you will get to know how you can deal with the issue of Canon printer not detected. So, it is recommended that you apply the methods accordingly and do not skip any steps.
And after performing all the methods, let us know in the comment section below which solution is suitable for resolving the Canon printer error.
Inspect the Network Connectivity
If the issue is occurring due to the unstable network connectivity, then you must inspect the Internet connection. If the router is turned off or if there is an error, then you should resolve the problem immediately.
Therefore, reboot the network device as well as your device. To do so, follow the undermentioned steps.
Step 1: Turn off your router and then unplug the cable from it. After that, wait for about 30 seconds. Then, connect the cable back to its proper place and turn on the router.
Step 2: Now, wait until the router starts to function properly. Verify whether the Canon printer not detected error gets removed.
Try to Use the Printer Troubleshooter
The Printer Troubleshooter is a built-in utility, which is specially designed to identify the internal glitches. After identifying the problems, it will automatically resolve them. Moreover, it will give all the necessary instructions that you should perform, if required.
- Press the combination of the Windows tab and I key. This action will invoke the “Settings” window.
- Now, under the Settings window, tap on the “Update and Security” option.
- After that, locate and select the “Troubleshoot” button.
- Next, select the Printer option from the right pane and hit the option “Run the Troubleshooter” from the queue window.
- Afterward, go through the further guidelines that appear on the display to troubleshoot the error.
In this way, you can resolve the Canon printer error by using the Printer Troubleshooter. In case, Printer Troubleshooter fails to troubleshoot this error, then simply proceed with the next procedure.
Reinstall or Update the Canon Printer Driver
Using a corrupted or outdated version of printer drivers can also lead to such error. Therefore, it is a wise choice to reinstall or update the printer driver.
Step to Reinstall the Canon Printer Driver
- Press the Windows Home key along with the I key. Afterward, invoke the Device Manager window. Now, under the Device Manager window, go to the Printer and right-click on the Printer icon.
- Thereafter, a new page will open. Here, you require to select the “Uninstall a Driver” option from the resultant menu.
- Now, hit the OK button twice to confirm the process. Restart your device.
- Once your device restarts, visit the official site of the Canon printer and then locate the latest version of the printer drivers compatible with Windows OS.
- Now, download and install the reliable version by using the on-screen guidelines.
Steps to Update the Canon Printer Driver
- Navigate to the Device Manager windows by following the above-discussed steps. Once the Device Manager window opens, choose a category to see names of devices.
- Now, right-click on the device you want to update. Then, hit the “Update Driver” option.
- Afterward, choose the option “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software”. Hit the OK button if prompted to install the latest version of Printer Driver.
- If the updated version is available, then hit “Install Driver” option from the appeared menu.
- When the process is over, reboot your device to let the new changes take effect.
Update the Windows OS
If the Windows Operating System is not updated, then the best possible way is to install the updates.
Step 1: Press the combination of Windows + I key to open the Settings window. In the Settings window, go to the “Update and Security” section.
Step 2: Under the “Update and Security” tab, hit the option named “Check for Updates” from the queue window.
Step 3: As soon as you perform this action, you will find the latest version of Windows OS. Simply hit the “Install Update” button and press the OK button to confirm the process.
We hope after updating the Windows Operating System, the issue gets eliminated from your device.
On the Whole…
In the above section, we have mentioned step by step methods to resolve this particular Canon printer error.
Even after performing the above discussed-methods, the error can still trouble you. So, try to apply advanced fixes to enable your PC to detect the Canon network printer without any hassle.
You can also post your valuable feedback in the section below to let us know about your printer issues.