If you use a Canon printer, then sometimes you might face the error code E17. This is one of the biggest issues faced by Canon printer users. The blinking of Orange LED lights is a clear indication of this error.
If you are dealing with this error, then you should take the necessary actions as soon as possible. This error can permanently damage your device.
The problem can arise due to various kinds of hardware and software issues. But, thankfully there are different solutions that can help you to resolve the problem. In this article, we are going to discuss the effective solutions that can help you to resolve the problem.
So, let’s have a look at the entire article, to know the details on Canon printer error e17.
Resolve Canon Error E17 with Two Different Solutions
In this part of the article, we are going to discuss two methods that can help you to get rid of this error. Go through the steps that are given below and get rid of the problem easily.
Solution 1: Configure the Canon Printer
If you are experiencing Canon MG2120 error E17, then the problem can be resolved by reconfiguring the Canon printer. The steps given below will help you.
- At first, go to the Start menu and click it to open.
- Then, click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option and choose the ‘Add a Printer’ button.
- Click on the “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” option.
- After that, a list of the available printer will appear on the computer screen associated with your Canon printer, select it.
- Click on the Next button, then choose the Install Driver option. If you are unable to find that particular driver, then you can insert the Canon software installation disk. This will help you to access the driver.
- Click on Finish button and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Remove the Paper Jam
The problem can occur due to a paper jamming issue. You can get rid of the problem by removing the paper jam. Follow the steps that are given below, this will help you to remove it.
- At first, turn off the printer and separate the main cover of the printer.
- Then, remove all of the loose papers gently from the printer.
- Remove the printer-head and verify the output tray of the printer. And clean the printer head gently.
- Lastly, place all the parts of the printer back to its original position. And turn on the printer to check if it is properly working or not.
Thus, if you ever view the Canon printer error e17, then you should try these two methods that can help you to resolve the problem. If these methods are unable to help you to resolve the problem, then you should try to open the front tray and check if there are any blockages.
If you find out any blockage in the front tray, then you should try to remove it. Hope, all these tricks and tips will help you to fix the problem.