Epson stands to its position due to its speed and exceptional printing quality. But being a gadget this also comes along with certain uncertainties. Nowadays, users often face the Epson printer error code 0x10 while trying to print a document.
Generally, this error indicates that there is a problem with the printer scanner. If you also stuck with the same issue and unable to continue the printing job, then do not worry. Here in this article, you will learn the efficient hacks which can help you to troubleshoot this error.
Hence, you are recommended to take a glance at the guide given below. So, let’s start.
Know the Probable Causes of Epson Printer Error Code 0x10
There are several reasons behind this error. It is essential to underline the root cause as it becomes easy to solve an error. So, let’s take a glance:
- If any particle gets stucks inside the ink cartridge of the Epson printer, then it can block the scanning mechanism.
- Logic board failure might be another reason behind this error. If any paper gets jammed in the scanner head, then it can also trigger this problem.
- This error might arise due to damaged or an incompatible driver of the printer.
Now, match the above points with your current situation and identify the specific reason. Apply the hacks discussed below to troubleshoot this error.
Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x10 with Easy Tips and Tricks
There are several ways to fix this error. You should stick to the methods explained below:
Procedure 1: Physical Inspection
First and foremost, raise the cover of the scanner and check if there is any piece of paper. If there is a layer of dust on the scanner, then you have to clean it properly. Otherwise, it can affect the printing mechanism.
Afterward, you should restart the printer and try to print a document to check if the error still persists. Else, you have to reset the printer.
Procedure 2: Reset the Printer
First, unplug the power cable of the printer from the power outlet and wait for a minimum of 5-7 minutes. Now, press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds. Then, plug the power cable back into the printer.
Then, you should restart the printer and try to print a document to check if the issue is still unresolved. Else, you can change the printer driver to get rid of this error.
Procedure 3: Change the Printer Driver
According to some users, they have fixed this error by changing the printer driver. You can easily apply this process to get rid of this issue.
How to Change the Printer Driver?
- In the beginning, you have to turn on the printer as well as the computer.
- Then, set the system so that it can automatically download the driver software of the printer.
- Bring up the Start menu and search for the installation settings. Tap on the ‘Change device installation settings’ option.
- Tap on the Yes button to apply the changes.
- Now, connect the printer with the system and search for the compatible printer driver.
- If the system finds such a compatible driver, then it will start to download and install it automatically.
- Once the installation process completes, tap on the Finish button and restart the system to save the changes.
Now, you should try to print any random document to check if the error is fixed. Else, you need to check if there is any problem with the hardware of the printer.
Procedure 4: Check the Hardware
You will find several tools on the internet that can help you to fix the hardware or internal issues. You can visit the official website of the OS version you are using. Download any certified and verified tool to get rid of this error.
These were the probable solutions to solve the Epson printer error code 0x10. If you implement the above methods in their corresponding order, then it will definitely assist you to put an end to this error. The procedures are more than easy and this article is enough to help you eliminate the issue.