Users can come across The Epson printer error code E-01 when the printer fails to complete the self start the procedure.
One of the most interactive features of Epson printer is, it checks the system and boots itself by a self-start procedure. But in case it stops in the middle, then it can generate this e-01 error code.
This error generally occurs if you have have not cleaned the cartridge connector. Besides that, you can also encounter this error if you have not managed the lock of the printer correctly.
So, if you are facing this error on your printer and looking for solutions to resolve it, follow this post, it will be your troubleshooting partner.
How to Resolve Epson Printer Error Code e-01
Mentioned below are some effective methods which you can use to resolve Epson printer error code e-01 in an easy way. Simply follow the steps as listed in this post and resolve this error code on your own.
Method 1: Power Reset the Printer
Once you encounter this error with your printing device, the first thing you can do is power reset the printer. To do that, follow these steps:
- Firstly, turn off your printer and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Remove all USB cables connected with it.
- Next, wait for a few seconds.
- Now, connect your printer with your computer again and plug it back in.
- Next, restart your printer.
These are the steps to power reset the printer. In most cases, it will fix this issue. In case, it fails to resolve the matter, you can follow the next method.
Method 2: Manage the Lock of the Printer
If the previous method fails to resolve this error, make sure that you have removed the transportation lock of the printer. If you have not removed it, then you can encounter this error.
Method 3: Clean Cartridge Connectors
You can clean the cartridge connectors which in some cases helps in resolving this issue. To perform this action, follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the ink button. The print head should start moving and stop in front of any defective cartridge.
- If the cartridges are recognized, it returns to its original position.
- After that, disconnect the cables and remove the paper.
- Next, put the paper back in and reconnect the printer and print a test page.
- In case you see this error persists, remove the paper and attach a blower in the printer.
So, these are the steps to clean out the cartridge connectors. After performing these steps, if you see this error persists, try out the next method.
Method 4: Manage the CD Tray
In case you notice the CD tray is in the eject position, then ensure that you have pressed the CD tray button to the retract it to the original storage position. Make sure not to push or pull the CD tray in the incorrect direction. After that, you need to switch off the power and check whether it fixes this error or not.
Method 5: Hard Reset the Printer
As per some user, Hard resetting the printer can eliminate this error message from the display board. In order to perform this action, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, unplug the printer from the wall outlet.
- Next, disconnect the PC and remove all papers from the paper feed.
- After that, blow it out with compressed air a few times.
- Next, make sure that there is no foreign object like a paper clip, stuck inside the printer.
- Remove the dust from the inside of the printer.
- Carefully, verify the far left and right sides of the printer to make sure that no paper is jammed inside.
- Once you notice the printer is still off, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- While holding the stop/cancel button, plug your printer back in.
- Next, power on the printer, if it does not do that automatically.
So, these are the steps to hard reset your printer. In case, you see after performing a hard reset procedure, this error still persists, contact an expert for further guidance.
Summing it up
In this article, we have walked you through the solutions to resolve Epson printer error code e-01. Hopefully, the methods provided in this post will help you to resolve this error in an easy way.
If you are aware of any other fixes, you can leave that in the comment section. It will help others. In case, you want to avoid performing such kind of bug fixing methods by yourself, you can always contact an expert who can guide you in a better way. a