Due to the fast modernization of this world, printers play a great part in our daily life. However, there might be instances where the printer may behave differently.
One such situation is the Epson Printer in error state. Many of the Epson printer users encounter this kind of issue while they try to take a printout.
If you are in search of the best resolving methods, then search no more. Here in this article, you will hold of the methods that can easily fix the printer error state.
Basic Causes that can lead to the Epson Printer in Error State
Now, you will get to know the causes behind this error state. Before, you try to jump onto the solution section, have a look at the points listed here:
- The connection issue between the Epson printer and the system might relate to the concerned state of the printer.
- The damaged power cable can also lead to the printer error state.
- An incomplete installation of the printer driver is also a reason for the issue.
- In another case, if the Epson printer driver is corrupt or outdated, then you may face up with this error.
- If the Epson printer driver is incompatible with the Windows OS, then also the error can occur.
- Sometimes, if the ink cartridges are damaged or empty, then the error state can pop up.
Therefore, these are some of the basic causes that can lead to the Epson printer error. Now you can proceed to the solution part of the article.
Instant Methods to Troubleshoot the Epson Printer is in Error State on Windows 10
Before you head to the technicians to be out of the error state, it’s a good idea that you try some troubleshooting steps. Hence, we are here with some of the methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: Perform some Basic Troubleshooting
As you try to perform some in-depth fixes, first you can try to resolve the error by some basic steps. And to do so, follow the steps:
- First of all, try to check if the USB cable of the Epson printer is working or not.
- Also, check if the USB plug is properly seated in their respective USB ports of the system.
- In case, you are using any USB hub, then try to remove it from there and connect it to the system directly.
- For the wireless printers, you can try to check if the wireless connection is active or not.
- If there are any kind of paper jams, then try to carefully remove it.
- Refill any empty or dried ink cartridges to remove the error state.
After performing all these steps, we expect that the Epson printer in error state Windows 10 will be resolved. If the issue still lingers, then follow other fixes.
Method 2: Restart the Epson Printer
In some cases, the Epson printer runs into the error state if its parts are heated up. In order to cool them down, you can restart the Epson printer. Now, to accomplish this task, you can go through the steps as discussed underneath.
- In the first step, press and hold the Power button to turn off the device.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Next, wait for about 10 to 20 minutes so that the printer components can cool down.
- After that, press the power button and at the same time, plug the power cord into the outlet.
- Next, plug the USB cord of the printer to the system.
Finally, you can take a test printout to check if the error state is gone. Hopefully, these steps have helped you to fix the issue and if they didn’t, then follow the next method.
Method 3: Run the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter Tool for the Epson Printer
Windows has a built-in Troubleshooter tool, that can fix the hardware issue of the Epson printer. In order to use this tool, you can follow the steps as given below:
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and then type ‘troubleshooter’ in the search box.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot option from the results.
- Now, find and click on the Printer option. After that, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Next, follow all the on-screen prompts to finish off the troubleshooting process.
Here also you should take a test printout to check for the issue.
Method 4: Get the Printer Online from its Offline State
There can be chances that the Epson printer goes into the offline state. Whenever this happens, you can get this error state.
- Use the Windows logo key and the X key at the same time. Now, select the Control Panel option and then click on the Devices and Printers option.
- If the Epson printer is in an offline state, then it will show the offline status.
- Here, right-click on the Epson printer and then choose the Use Printer Online option.
- Now, you will see the Epson printer is Ready option on the menu.
At last, check if the Epson printer is still in order state or not. If it is still in the error state, then try to perform other methods.
Method 5: Update the Epson Printer Driver
Updating the Epson printer driver to its latest version is another option to fix this issue.
- Open the Device Manager. You can use the search bar of the Start menu to do so.
- As the Device Manager window opens, right-click on the Epson Printer Driver entry and select the Update Driver software option.
- In the new popup window, choose the Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software option.
- Allow the updating process to finish and then close all the active windows.
- Finally, reboot the system and then try to check if the error state still shows up or not.
This is how you can perform the Epson printer driver update process. However, if the error state is still there, then proceed to the final resort.
Method 6: Freshly Reinstall the Epson Printer Driver
If the previous fixes did not provide any solution, then reinstalling the Epson Printer driver might help you.
- Open the Device Manager as you did in the previous method.
- Find and right-click on the Epson printer driver entry.
- This time you have to select the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Now, go to the official website of the Epson printer and then download and install the latest version of the Epson Printer Driver.
- As you are done with the process, check if the Epson printer’s error state is gone or not.
Now, we hope that you must have resolved the issue by yourself.
These are the methods that you can follow in order to fix the Epson printer in error state problem. Hope, the write up was able to guide you with the steps to take you out of the error state.