Kodak printer software communication error appears when the program you are using for the printing job is malfunctioning. As a result, it prevents the printer to run normally. This error comes with the error notification “Communication Not Available.”
You might encounter this communication error in different situations. This a type of system error, which can slow down the performance of the printer.
So, if you are worried about this issue, then this article is probably for you. Go through this post to have a brief idea about this error. Here, we also include some reasons that can help you to solve this problem with ease.
What Causes the Kodak AIO Printer Software Communication Error
Knowing the causes behind this printer communication error is essential before fixing it. If you know the specific reason behind your problem, then you can apply the appropriate method to get rid of this error.
Faulty Internet is one of the main reasons behind the occurrence of this error. If you are using a faulty driver in the printer, it also might cause this error. If the printing sheets are not fed properly on the paper tray, it can also trigger this error.
Now, you are aware of the probable reasons behind this error. So, let’s discuss some effective hacks to get rid of this problem.
Effective Hacks to Fix the Kodak Printer Software Communication Error
An organization can’t spend a day without paperwork. And if the printer is showing the communication error, then the situation becomes more annoying. A non-workable printer can disrupt the work immensely.
So, you should solve this issue within a flicker of time by performing the methods explained below. Before that, you need to check the USB cables that connect the printer with the system. You also need to check the Internet connection if it is working properly.
Way 1: Set the Printer as Default
Before implementing any complicated solutions, first, try to set your Kodak printer as default. To do that, you should perform the steps as follows:
- First and foremost, bring up the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Devices and Printers’ category.
- Afterward, you should search for the name of your Kodak printer and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Set as default printer’ from the list of options.
Thereafter, you should restart the printer and try to print a document to check if the issue has been removed.
Way 2: Upgrade Network Adapter
If you have not updated the adaptor for a long time, upgrade it to check if it can solve this issue.
How to Upgrade the Network Adapter?
- In the beginning, hit the Win key from the keyboard and type “device manager” in the search bar of the Start menu.
- Then, select the ‘Device Manager’ option from the search result. Under the Device Manager window, you will see a complete list of all the drivers that are installed on your computer.
- Search for the ‘Network Adapter’ option by scrolling down the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the Update option from the menu list (make sure that you are connected with a stable network).
- Once the updating process completes, you should tap on the Finish button.
This solution is only for users who are using wireless printers. After updating the adapter, if you are unable to continue the printing job, restart the Print Spooler service.
Way 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
According to some users, they have solved this error by restarting the Print Spooler service on Windows. So, you can also try this one.
How to Restart the Windows Print Spooler Service?
- In the beginning, hit the R and Windows key both at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- Then, type “services.msc” in the Run box and press the Enter key to proceed further (else, you can also tap on the OK button).
- Search for the Print Spooler from the list of Names showing on the next page. Click twice on the ‘Print Spooler’ option and tap on the Properties.
- Navigate to the General tab and tap on the Stop button.
- After that, you need to disable the Print Spooler service by clicking on the OK button.
Now, you have to enable the service once again. To do that, you have to go to the Properties tab by following the previous steps. Tap on the Start button and then the OK button to re-enable the Print Spooler service.
Way 4: Reinstall and Update the Driver
The corrupted or outdated driver can create this problem. To fix this, you should try to update the printer driver to its latest version. Before doing that, you have to uninstall the old driver.
How to Uninstall the Old Printer Driver?
- First, you should disconnect the printer from the power supply unit and PC.
- Then, hit the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and execute this by clicking on the OK button.
- Now, you should go to the ‘Print Queues’ category.
- Search for the printer name from the list and right-click on it. Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option from the context menu.
(Note: If you are using Fax service on the system, before uninstalling the driver you need to uninstall the Fax).
After uninstalling the drivers, restart the system to make these changes. Thereafter, you have to reconnect the printer with the system and visit the official website of Kodak.
Now, search for the latest version of the driver depending on the printer’s model and the Operating System you are using. Once you get the latest version, tap on the ‘Download’ button.
Next, install it by performing on-screen guidance.
If you connect the printer with the PC using a USB cable, you should perform the steps given below:
- First, open the Device Manager.
- Then, expand the branch of the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Here, you will see the USB Root Hub device. So, click twice on it.
- Afterward, you should navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Now, you will get the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’ option. You have to turn it off. Tap on the OK button to confirm the changes.
Once you complete the above steps, restart the system. Try to print something to ensure that the printer starts to work normally.
Now, it is time to conclude this post. In this article, we have described 4 foolproof hacks to get rid of Kodak printer software communication error. You can easily perform all the above methods without having any technical knowledge of printers.
We hope, after executing the above steps, it will help you to continue the printing task without any hassle.