Users of the Lexmark printer often face various kinds of error messages. The ‘Lexmark printer paper jam’ issue occurs frequently while removing the stuck paper from the printer. When this issue occurs, it displays the error code 3527 on the screen of the printer’s panel.
When the paper is fed through a printer improperly, then it may crumple up and gets stuck inside the printer. Depending on the printer’s model, a paper jam can take place in the document feeder, duplex unit, small media feeder, or some other part of the printer.
Sometimes, the screen also tells you where the paper jam is located, so that you can eliminate it with ease. If you are also is the same agitating situation and don’t know how to solve this problem, this discussion can help you to solve this problem.
Here, we are going to present some of the most efficient ways, which can solve this ‘Paper Jam’ issue in minutes. Hence, you are recommended to take a glance at the solutions discussed below. So, let’s begin.
Lexmark Printer Keeps Jamming: Clear it with Effective Hacks
Lexmark has gained its goodwill by providing high-grade quality printers for consumers ranging from the commercial sector to private firms. Paper jam issues are too common and it is exhibited by the majority of the printer brands.
So, if your Lexmark printer gets stuck with the paper, you can follow the section explained below:
General Fix to Resolve Paper Jam
First and foremost, you have to disconnect the cables from the printer and remove the plug from the power supply unit. Once you remove the power cable, it allows the rollers to feed the paper properly.
Open the back door of the printer. For this purpose, always try to use the rear unit. Also, press and hold the left side of the button. Now, you can easily pull the printer’s tray towards you. Pull it from the back door to access it.
Thereafter, you have to remove the page from the paper tray. To do that, first, you need to check the pressure of the rollers to assure that they are clean and ready to rotate.
If you see that the rollers need some cleaning, you have to remove the paper tray from the back door of the printer firmly. Then, clean it by using a soft cloth piece.
Otherwise, if you see any damaged or wrinkled page inside the paper tray, you can remove it directly.
Now, you need to reinstall the back door of the printer. Then, reconnect all the cable and turn the device on.
You can connect the printer with the system as well. Try to print a document to check if it starts the printing job normally.
After performing the above steps, if you see that the ‘Lexmark printer paper jam’ issue is still unresolved, you have to remove the ink cartridge to check it.
Remove the Ink Cartridge
Take a piece of paper or cardstock in the direction that you usually feed the paper. Afterward, take the printer and shake it firmly. Once the printer returns to its normal state, you can turn it on.
Sometimes, a small piece of paper or dust can block the sensor of the printer. So, by deactivating the printer and shaking it well, it may correct the ‘Jammed Paper’ issues of the Lexmark printer.
After that, if the issue persists and you are unable to print the document, you can perform the steps provided below.
Check the Following points to Solve the ‘Paper Jams’ Problems of the Lexmark Printer:
The below points can help you to turn your Lexmark printer to its working state.
- If you see that the printhead of the printer doesn’t move to its central position, then you can perform the steps as follows:
- First, press the Home button of the printer and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, tap on the Maintenance button.
- Now, you need to make sure that the ink cartridge is available and choose the ‘Install ink cartridges’ option.
- Next, tap on the OK button to proceed further.
- Lastly, if you see any errors appear on the monitor panel or the control panel of the printer, tap on the Cancel button.
- If the firmware you are using is outdated, you need to update it to the latest version. To do that, follow the steps provided below:
How to Update the Firmware of the Lexmark Printer?
- In the beginning, go to the ‘Lexmark download and Printer Driver’ page.
- Tap on the drop-down menu and choose the name of the printer.
- Now, download the newest version of the firmware of the printer. Then, install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- After updating the firmware, if you see that the problem continues, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Home button from the controller of the printer and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, go to the Maintenance tab and tap on the OK button.
- Choose the ‘Install Ink Cartridges’ option and then click on the OK button to confirm the action. Then complete the process by following the on-screen guidance.
- Now, you need to insert black ink cartridges of the Lexmark printer into the printing head. Then, press the downside of the printer firmly until you hear a beep sound. Now, install the color ink cartridge of the printer.
Check if the ‘Lexmark printer keeps jamming’ issue has been fixed by printing a document.
You can prevent the ‘Paper Jam’ issues in your Lexmark printer by following the tricks provided below:
Recommendations of Paper Tray:
There are certain recommendations of the paper tray. You can prevent the paper jams by following these recommendations:
- Confirm that all the pages lie flat on the paper tray.
- When the printer is printing a document, don’t remove the paper tray.
- Try to avoid loading too many papers into the paper tray. Confirm that the stack height doesn’t exceed the maximum height of the paper tray.
- After loading the paper, always push it firmly.
Recommendations of Papers:
There are some recommendations for the printing paper. So, follow them strictly to avoid further paper jam issues:
- Don’t load curled, bent, damp, creased, wrinkled paper inside the paper tray.
- Confirm the types and size are set properly in the Control Panel menu of the Lexmark printer.
- Don’t mix the types, weights, and sizes while feeding the paper.
- Always try to use specific Lexmark papers for different printing purposes.
Recommendations of Envelope:
There are also some specific recommendations of the envelopes you are using to perform the printing job. You should follow them to prevent further problems:
Don’t feed the envelope that has:
- Excessive twist or curl
- Embossing, cutouts, perforations, holes, or windows
- Bent corners
- Interlocking design
- Laid, cockle, or rough finishes
- Folding bars, string ties, or metal clasps
Now, it is time to end this guide. Here, you have seen some essential tips and tricks to fix the ‘Lexmark printer paper jam’ issue. After going through the above fixes and precautions, hopefully, you can prevent this issue.