Installing a wireless printer allows you to print documents from anywhere in your home or office without leaving the seat.
If you have a Dell printer, you can easily connect it to the Wifi and send the print job directly through the print dialog present in many Windows programs.
Here, in this article, you will get an idea about how to connect Dell printer to wireless network. So, go through this article carefully and follow the steps accordingly.
How to Connect Dell Printer to Wireless Network: Three Effective Methods to Try
If you want to learn how to connect Dell printer to Wireless Network, then read this entire article thoroughly. To make things easier for you, we have provided three effective procedures by which you can easily connect the Dell printer to a wireless network.
Procedure 1 – Using the Dell Printer Panel
You can connect the printer to the wireless network using the Dell printer panel. The following steps will help you:
- Firstly, turn on the Dell printer by pressing the Power button.
- After that, press the System button.
- In the System window, select the Admin Menu option. After that, navigate to the Network tab.
- In the Network tab, you will see the Wireless setup option, click on it. Now you’ll see the Wireless network list to appear.
- From that list, select the Wireless network that you want.
After selecting the network, you’ll see a password authentication window displaying on the screen. Put the password of the network and then click on the OK button. Now your Dell printer will be properly connected to the WiFi.
Procedure 2 – Using the WPS Button
This is another procedure that we have provided to connect the printer to a Wireless network. This method uses the WPS (Wireless Protected Setup) button.
However, every Dell printer does not have a WPS button. So, before applying this procedure, you need to check whether the printer and router have the WPS feature or not. If yes, then you can follow the directions given below:
- First of all, press and hold the WPS button from the Dell printer. Now you’ll see a message coming up on the screen that says “WPS method is running” on the printer.
- After seeing this message, press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Once you are done, it will start synchronizing the connection. It will take a few minutes to connect. After connecting, you can use your Dell printer wirelessly.
Procedure 3 – Using the Dell Easy Installer or Wireless Setup Wizard
If the previous two procedures did not work, then you can follow this procedure to connect the printer to the WiFi. This method uses the Dell easy installer. Go through these steps carefully:
- First of all, insert the software setup disc that was supplied with the Dell printer into the disc drive of your PC and continue with the automatic installation of the printer software.
- Check that you install the drivers on your computer that has Wi-Fi access. Now connect the Dell printer to the system with the USB cable.
- After that, you need to follow the steps as mentioned in procedure 1.
- Once you are done with these steps, remove the printer’s USB cable. Computers and devices on the Wifi network can now print on your Dell printer wirelessly.
Hopefully, now you have a fair idea about how to connect Dell printer to Wireless network on the system. These three procedures are sufficient to connect the printer correctly. However, if you face any problem or you have any queries, then you need to seek help from a professional for better assistance.