A printer is the most essential device that converts a soft copy into the hard copy. It comes up with various astonishing features that make it the user’s first preference. But, despite having multiple advantages, at times, it can exhibit certain technical errors that might ruin your day. Brother Printer shows offline status is one of the most troublesome errors that most users often experience while working with it.
Connection issues are the foremost reason behind this error. So, if there is any connection error, then it can make the printer offline. Therefore, before you begin the troubleshooting process, ensure that your printer is properly connected with the network and power outlet.
Now, you can go through this entire post and know the details regarding the “How to get brother printer online” query. Here, you will also find all the best possible troubleshooting hacks to overcome this situation and bring your printer back to online mode.
Things To Consider When You Find That Brother Printer Shows Offline Status
In this section, we are going to discuss some of the major indications after seeing Brother printer in offline mode. So, check it out.
- There is an online indicator that flashes if any error occurs in the printer device. So, if your device has been disconnecting because of any technical glitch, then observe the LED indicator that flashes to notify you.
- A Red indicator will flash if there is an error with the printer device. So, before getting the error regarding “Brother Printer offline”, you will find the red light alert indicating that something went wrong into the printer.
Why Brother Printer Displays Offline Status?
There can be various crucial factors responsible for the Brother printer error. But, in this section, we are going to mention the most prominent ones.
- Most of the time, due to network connection error between the printer and computer, it can result in such kind of error.
- While installing the upgraded version of OS, there might be a certain change in the Windows settings without any proper notification. Due to which your printer device remains offline even after connected to the PC.
- You can also face this error if your device has any malicious software making your device corrupted along with the drivers. In such situations, the printer device doesn’t respond to the device and also shows offline status.
- Also, a misconfiguration in the Print Spooler Service can also lead to the Brother printer offline error.
These are the principal causes behind the issue. Now, let’s move on to the next section where the troubleshooting hacks to resolve this printer error will be discussed.
How to Get Brother Printer Online?
After identifying the crucial reasons, now, you might want to know “How to get brother printer online”. So, follow the undermentioned section where all the best possible ways are enlisted.
But, make sure that you perform all the methods in the same order as instructed to turn your printer online.
Customize the Settings
Sometimes, due to the wrong settings, such kind of error can take place. To get rid of this, you have to customize the settings by following the proper manner.
First, move the cursor to the Windows logo key and invoke the Start menu. Now, write “Control Panel” into the search dialog box and hit the Enter key to open the new window.
Once the Control panel window opens, select the “Device and Printers” option from the appeared menu and right-click on the Printer icon. Then, navigate to the Ports tab and make sure that the right port is chosen. So, if you are using USB, then “USB Port” should be selected.
Thereafter, choose the Printer option from the context menu and locate the option named “See What’s Printing”.Once you find this option, tap on it. As soon as you perform this action, a new window will pop up on the display screen.
Here, in this new window, find out “Use printer offline option” and make sure that the option is deselected. After this process, return back to the Control Panel window and go to the “Network and Sharing Center” tab.
Now, under the “Network and Sharing Center” window, select the “Advanced Sharing” settings and hit the “Network discovery” option from the queue window. After that, enable the “File and printer sharing” option and make the necessary changes that are recommended by your device.
Reboot your device to apply the new changes. When your device restarts, check whether the error “egst” is removed or not. In case, the error still bothers you, then proceed with the next fix.
Restart the Print Spooler
Some of the affected users claim that after restarting the print spooler service, the printer error gets resolved. Therefore, you can also try this process.
But, if you do not know how to restart the Print Spooler Service, then follow these steps.
- Press combination of Windows logo button + R key. Then, launch the Run window. Now, under the Run dialog box, type “Services.msc” and hit the Enter key to execute the command.
- This action will invoke the Service window. Now, under the Service tab, locate the Print Spooler Service. Once you find it, double-click on it.
- As soon as you do this step, a new window will pop up on the display screen. On that window, choose the Stop button in order to pause the Print Spooler Service.
- Afterward, you need to remove all the printing files. To do this process, write “C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the Run dialog box. Then, hit the Enter key to execute the command.
- It will invoke a folder that appears on the screen. Here, you will find all the printing files that are yet to execute. Now, remove all the printing files and close the corresponding window.
- Then, go back to the previous window and hit the Start icon. While performing this task, be sure that the “Status Type” option is set as Automatic.
Deselect the SNMP Status Enabled Option
The Simple Network Management Protocol or SNMP is a network protocol that is used for printer network management services. But, sometimes, SNMP services creates various issues including “Brother printer offline”.
If you face this error due to this reason, then by deselecting the “SNMP Status Enabled” option, you can resolve it.
Step 1: Press the Windows tab and R key simultaneously. Then, open the Run dialog box. Here, write “Control” in the space provided and click on the ‘OK’ button. As soon as you perform this action, you will find the Control Panel option at the top of the search result.
Step 2: Now, choose the Control Panel option to invoke the experience. Under the Control Panel window, choose “Hardware and Sound” option from the resultant menu.
Step 3: After that, locate the name and icon of your Brother printer. Once you find it, right-click on it to invoke the Context menu.
Step 4: On that window, go to the Printer’s Properties. Now, a new window will pop up on the screen. After that, go to the Ports tab and choose the “Configure Port” option.
Step 5: Under the Configure Port, place a tick mark on the “SNMP Status Enabled” checkbox to deselect the option.
Step 6: Once you are done with all the steps, hit the Apply button as well as the OK button to save all the new changes.
Update the Printer Drivers
After performing all the above methods, if you still get stuck with the same situation, it is quite possible that the error is related to the printer drivers. Most of the users have faced the error due to corrupted or outdated printer driver.
So, if you are using an outdated printer driver then updating the printer driver can make it online.
- First, open the Device Manager window.
- Then, locate the printer drivers.
- After that, choose the “Update Driver” option.
- Now, hit the option and tap on the OK button to complete the process.
We hope, after updating the printer drivers the error should be resolved.
In the above section, we have discussed some of the outstanding hacks that will ease up your problem and overcome the Brother printer offline error. Therefore, carefully read the entire article and apply all the steps accordingly to eradicate this printer error.
But, in case, you find any difficulty while performing the above methods, then you can post your troubles in the feedback section. We will revert back as soon as possible.
Further, if you want to share some fixes on “How to get brother printer online”, then let us know in the section below.