In this era of digitalization, printers are quite important for obtaining hard copies of documents. When we talk about the best printer brands, Epson can beat others due to its unmatched quality printing. But, like all other technical gadgets, Epson device also has some drawbacks.
When users get stuck with some internal issues, resetting the printer can resolve most error codes. If you are facing a similar situation, you may want to reset your Epson printer as well.
In this guide, we are going to answer the query on “How to reset Epson printer?”.
So, go through the entire post to perform the resetting process of your Epson printer without any hassle.
Situations When you need to Reset your Printer
In various situations, users require to reset their Epson printer to troubleshoot specific errors. Some of the most significant conditions are mentioned in the below section to understand the importance of resetting your Epson device.
- Resetting is one of the best ways to resolve major to minor glitches in printers. Whenever you get certain printer error codes, you might require to reset your printer to overcome the situation.
- Resetting the printer can also be helpful when you buy a second-hand printer from a user. If the previous owner had forgotten to restore the default settings of the printer, you must reset the device. Performing the factory reset will erase all the changes made by him/her.
- Sometimes, after updating the Operating system, your printer can stop working with the current device. In such situations, you have to reconfigure the printer to work with the new version of the Windows OS.
Proven Procedures to Reset the Epson Printer
Well, every model of Epson printer follows a common procedure to reset the device settings. But, in most cases, users meet with various issues while performing the reset process.
Hence, we are going to share all the popular resetting methods. The following section will cover how to reset Epson printer to factory settings in a detailed manner. Therefore, you can locate the appropriate procedure for your printer and apply the procedure accordingly.
Procedure 1: Use the Reset Button
All models of the Epson printer has a factory reset button. It is situated on the back portion of the printer. This Reset button can be used to do the factory reset process, Here are the steps that you need to know to reset your Epson printer.
Step 1: First, turn off your Epson printer by pressing the Power button. Then, take a pin to press the Reset button, which is located at the back panel of the printer.
Step 2: Turn on the printer but keep pressing the Reset button. Once a warning page is printed, release the Reset button.
Step 3: After this action, you will receive another page, where the default IP address of the printer will be printed.
Step 4: Now, you need to configure the Epson printer and connect it to the computer. You can do so by using this IP address printed recently.
This is quite a simple and quick procedure that most users apply to reset their printers. So, it is recommended to you that before proceeding with any other complex method, try this out.
Procedure 2: Use the Control Panel of the Epson Printer
To perform a factory reset, you can use the Control Panel of the Epson printer. To do this process, you have to follow the undermentioned section carefully.
- At first, hold the Home button to invoke the Home menu on the Control Panel of the Epson printer.
- After that, launch the Setup menu by using the left and right navigation buttons. Next, tap on the OK button from the resultant menu.
- Now, locate the “Restore Default Settings” option by using the left and right navigation buttons. Hit the OK button.
- Thereafter, navigate to “Restore Network Settings” by using the up and down navigation buttons from the appeared menu.
- Under this settings window, follow the recommended steps and restart your printer.
After performing the above steps, you can reset your Epson printer to its factory settings.
Procedure 3: Use the Epson Adjustment Program
This method is only applicable if the buttons on the Epson printer are not in a workable state. To reset the printer using this procedure, you must invest a little more time. These are the steps that help to reset the Epson printer to its factory setting using the Epson Adjustment Program.
To begin this process, you have to download the updated version of the Epson Adjustment Program. Once the downloading process is over, install the program on the device by following the on-screen instructions. Thereafter, launch the Epson Adjustment Program on your device.
Afterward, tap on the “Select” option to do the necessary selections for resetting the printer. Now, under the Select menu, you have to choose the model number of your printer and port, where the printer is attached to the device.
Now hit the OK button from the context menu. As soon as you perform this action, “Adjustment and Maintenance” window will be opened. Here, in this window, click on the “Waste Ink Pad Counter” option, which is located under the Maintenance tab.
Press the Ok button and place a tick mark beside the “Main Ink Pad Counter” option. Choose the initialize button situated at the bottom right corner of the window.
Now, you have to select the OK button to complete the resetting process. Once the process is over, reboot your device and also restart the Epson printer.
Using the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to rest your Epson printer to its factory settings.
Now, it’s time for us to wrap things up. We hope our post is going to be beneficial to you. Moreover, this post has shared some of the best methods to consider for resetting Epson printer.
Therefore, take a note of all the steps we recommended and try to apply them accordingly.
In case, if you have any kind of confusion regarding the above-discussed procedures, then you can drop your queries in the feedback section below. We will revert as soon as possible with some more tips on resetting your printer.