With the multifunctional features, HP printers have gained a wide user base across the globe. Though the HP printers are famous for its longevity, it still troubles some users with certain problems.
Hence, HP printer won’t turn on is one such issue that can make all your print jobs pending. It is found that there can be many reasons for this. So, whatever may be the reason for the problem. We will provide you with the most appropriate solutions.
Therefore, follow this article, as you will learn the methods of fixing this annoying issue. In this article, you will also get to know the possible causes of the issue.
Known Causes for this HP Printer won’t Turn On
Now, have a look at the aspects that can lead to such an issue to occur.
- Any faults in the power cord of the HP printer is a cause of the issue.
- Connecting the printer to the faulty power outlets can also lead to this problem.
- If you are using any surge protectors, then also the issue can occur.
- Sometimes, the power button of the printer may also get damaged and as a result, you face up with this error.
- Any internal damage to the printer components can also be a reason behind this issue.
Now, for the troubleshooting fixes, you can take the help of the following section.
Fix the HP Printer won’t Turn On Problem with Some Best Solutions
Here, you’ll get the fixes that you can apply to your printer and solve the problem. So, the troubleshooting fixes that you can look for are as follows.
Method 1: Try Some Basic Checkup
For the initial troubleshooting, you can try out some basic checking process.
- At first, use another power outlet to connect the power cable of the printer.
- Also, check if the power outlet is working fine through the electric testing devices.
- In other cases, do not plug the printer’s power cord into a surge protector. Always plug the power cord directly to the outlet.
- If the power cord is defective, then replace it with a new one.
- Cooldown the printer if the components are heated up and try to turn on the printer.
If the printer still doesn’t turn on, then try the next fix.
Method 2: Clean the Internal Components of the HP Printer
In the next process, you can clean the components so that the printer starts working again. The procedure to do that is as follows.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about 2 minutes.
- Now, look at the power button for any damage. This can happen in case the printer is very old.
- Open the access lid and then check if there is any kind of ink spill. And if there is, then it can short-circuit the components.
- You can clean the components using a clean cloth.
- Once you have done that, close the access lid and then see if the printer turns on or not.
For the other resorts, proceed to the following section.
Method 3: Check the Print Head and the Motherboard
Having a thorough check of the print head and the ink cartridges can help to identify the problem.
- Turn off the printer and then again open the cover lid.
- Take out the print head and then unplug the power cord.
- Without placing the print head, turn on the printer.
- If the printer turns on then the problem is with the print head.
- If still, the printer does not turn on, then the motherboard can cause such problems.
After examining all these, if still, the printer does not turn on, then you can take help of the experts.
To Sum Up
So, that’s all you need to know about the process to detect and fix the problem where the HP printer won’t turn on. Therefore, try to perform all the methods so that you get the best result.