Epson error code 0x89 is one of the most prominent errors encountered by Epson printer users. You can face it usually if you are using the printer for a long time. This error code means insufficient light error.
This error code can be caused by PIS failure (installation posture, contamination), ink cartridge failure, and mainboard failure.
Sometimes, even a corrupted or outdated version of the Epson printer driver can show this error code on the device.
Hence, if you are also facing this problem on your Epson printer, then it is a quite tough task for you to solve the Epson printer error code 0x89 on your own.
Here, in this guide, we are going to discuss all the possible troubleshooting methods for this particular error. After performing the fixes as discussed, you will be able to get rid of this error from the Epson printer.
Reliable Fixes to Resolve Epson Error Code 0x89
In the section below, we have listed some easy and effective procedures that will surely help you to fix the Epson printer error code 0x89.
Follow the fixes and eliminate this error code fast and quick.
Procedure 1 – Restart the Epson Printer
When you see the error code 0x89 on the Epson printer, the first thing you need to do is restart the Epson printer. Sometimes, restarting the printer can solve several issues including this one. So, to restart the printer, follow the undermentioned steps:
- At first, press the Power button to turn off the printer completely.
- After turning off the printer, remove all the cables from the printer as well as power supply wall outlet.
- Then, you need to wait for a few minutes.
- After that, connect all the cables to the printer and power supply outlet.
Once you are done, turn on the printer by pressing the Power button. Now check if the error code still appears or not.
Procedure 2 – Update the Epson Printer Driver
If the Epson printer driver has not been updated then you can come across this problem on the printer.
So, you must keep the driver up to date. To update the driver, follow these instructions given below:
- First of all, hold the Windows Home key and press the X key together to launch the WinX Menu list and then select Device Manager.
- From the Device Manager window, find the Epson printer driver on the left panel and right-click on it. After that, you will get an option from that list Update Software Driver, click on it.
Once the update process is complete, reboot the system and the printer and then check whether the problem is removed or not.
Procedure 3 – Clean the Ink Cartridges
An alternative procedure that we have shared to solve the Epson error code 0x97 on the system is to clean the ink cartridges. Sometimes, cleaning the ink cartridges can solve this error code. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, carefully take out all the ink cartridges and wash it properly.
- After that, dry all the parts and then reinstall all the cartridges correctly and check if the error code still shows up or not.
If the error code is still there, then you need to replace the cartridges with new ones. You should buy original cartridges.
Replacing the cartridge is a great way to fix other technical problems that can affect the printer performance.
Procedure 4 – Verify the Connections
You must check whether the cable connections are properly done or not. A loose connection can be the reason for this error code on the Epson printer.
So, disconnect all the cables and then reconnect them to check if the issue is solved or not.
If your Epson printer connects with the WiFi, then you need to restart the router and then check if the error code is there or not.
If you find the error with WIFI, a good resolve will be to connect the printer with the Ethernet cable.
Procedure 5 – Remove the Epson Printer Driver and Install It Again
If the Epson printer driver is missing or corrupted, then you may get this error code. So, you need to simply remove the Epson printer driver and then install it properly from the official website. To do that, follow these directions:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows button along with the R key to launch the Run dialog box. Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter key or click the OK option.
- From the Device Manager window, go to the left panel, find the printer, select it to expand. After that, right-click on Epson printer and then select the Uninstall Device option to remove it.
- After removing, reinstall it correctly.
To install the driver, you should go to the official website of the Epson and find the latest version of the Epson printer driver.
After that, download it by pressing the Download button. After completing the download file, install it properly. When you perform the installation process, you must follow the instructions which pop-ups on the screen.
Once the driver is installed, restart the Epson printer and the computer and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
In this article, we have provided some of the most effective and useful procedures to resolve the Epson error code 0x89.
We hope, with the help of the above-described procedures, you will be able to solve this error code in an easy way. Perform these procedures one-by-one on the device and see which one works best for you.